Our History

The first church building on Pearce's Corner, Wahroonga, was erected in 1862. The simple wooden building was replaced by a stone building in 1881 as the area became more settled. Further enlargement took place in 1900. At this time, roads were unsealed, and leadership had to be given from more settled areas such as Gordon and Willoughby. In time, the Anglican churches at Hornsby, Berowra, Waitara, Normanhurst, and St Andrew's Wahroonga, were to develop out of the original St Paul's church.

With growth in population, made possible by the railway, St Paul's grew in numbers. Strong links were forged with Barker College and Abbotsleigh School. Peter Rabbit Preschool was founded and still occupies property on the church premises. To accommodate the growing attendances, the church building was extended and reoriented in the 1980s.

1862

St Paul's in 1862

1882

St Paul's in 1882

1900

St Paul's in 1900

1910

St Paul's in 1910