St Paul’s is committed to the physical, emotional and spiritual welfare and safety of all people, particularly within its own community. To ensure the safety of children and vulnerable people in our community, St Pauls will, in conjunction with the Anglican Church Diocese of Sydney, and the Anglican Church of Australia:
- Carefully recruit and train its clergy and church workers including volunteers.
- Adopt and encourage safe ministry practices by its clergy and church workers.
- Respond promptly to each concern raised about the behaviour of its clergy and church workers.
- Offer pastoral support to any person who has suffered abuse.
- Provide supervision of and pastoral accountability as defined by the Diocese of Sydney.
All of our clergy and ministry staff, and our children and youth leaders, are trained in safe ministry and have a Working With Children clearance.
St Paul’s has a Safe Ministry Representative who has been appointed by the Senior Minister, with the agreement of the Parish Council. The Safe Ministry Representative helps the parish to comply with the safe ministry requirements of the Diocese.
More detailed information can be found on the Safe Ministry website safeministry.org.au
Anglican Abuse Report Line: 1800 774 945